7.26.2011

Slumberland. Thanks for the damaged psyche

I have spent most of my adult life knowing that there was a movie I watched as a child that created fears and dreams. The title of the movie was lost, along with the basic story line. Today I searched and googled until I came across someone else in search of the same exact movie. The only description they could give was strangely similar to mine. We both remembered only a blimp, and a dark storm. It is called "Little Nemo: Adventures In Slumberland".  This movie starts off so happy and magical, but somewhere along the way (without you realizing it), it becomes evil and scary. You wronged me as a child, Slumberland. With your colorful promise of hope and gift of nightmares. 






Flip: Nemo thinks he is his friend. I strongly dislike this Flip. 



Icarus, Nemo, and Flip.



Im not positive, but I am pretty sure this scene drastically impacted me as a child. Hello creepy red eyes amongst the clouds. Thanks for ruining the happy adventure in the blimp there, bub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment